[Monthly Wrap Up]: July 2014

               
                   Hosted by
                   Caffeinated Book Reviewer
         





This should have been a weekly post, but living on the 21th floor for the past few weeks didn't give me the benefit of proper internet connection.


                                                      Last Month on the Blog                                                    


                                                       This Week on the Blog                                                     

  • Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare [Book Review]

                                                     Book Haul for the Week                                                     


This are the list of the books I ordered and been waiting to arrive:
  • Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • The Selection by Kiera Cass
  • Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick
  • City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments) by Cassandra Clare

                                                  New Feature(s) on the Blog                                                  


If you take a look at the bottom of the sidebar, you will find a gadget which displays song I currently listen to or like. I have a habit of reading with music as accompaniment, even though most of the time I'll tend to sing along to the song and forget about the book on my hands lol. The song might be the hippest on the music realm, and might be just a throwback one. Do you share the same reading habit as mine? :D

19 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found you (via The Sunday Post) as you are posting reviews for lots of books I love! Looking forward to reading them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Trish! Thank you very much for the kind comment! Glad that we share the same genres! I'll stop by your blog after this :)

      Delete
  2. When I first start a book I need quiet, but once the story has taken root you can talk, sing, watch tv, play video games or yell my name and I am oblivious. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can be a bit distracted if the book is not that catchy for me. That's why the frequent cases is that I have to choose which one I prioritize first :)) But once the book really fascinates me, I'm oblivious like you too.

      Delete
  3. Ouch living on the 21st is not really great. I really hope you'll get better internet soon. I also hope you've enjoyed Clockwork Angel. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just that there's still no internet provider which can break through a bolt speed until this time in my country. Actually I'm wondering if it's the same case in other country as well. Apart from that, level 21 is fine especially if you love to see fireworks shows on New Years :)

      Delete
  4. Ouch living on the 21st floor doesn't seem that exciting now. I really hope you'll get better internet soon. Also I really hope you enjoyed Clockwork Angel. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that stinks about the internet connection. Nice haul. I really liked Hush, Hush, but the rest of the series peeved me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about Hush, Hush from my friend and she said it was good. But recently I took a peek on Goodreads' reviews, lots of them are a bit discouraging me :| Anyway the die is cast. I hope they are not gong to be too disappointing for me.

      Delete
  6. I love the idea of listening to music while I'm reading but it doesn't really work for me. I either get so involved in the book that I don't hear the music at all or I get distracted by the song. I've switched to listening to classical and that seems to work. Have a great week and hope your internet connection situation improves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, Katherine. I agree with you. Classical sometimes works better than any other genres that will make me distracted.
      Currently I'm at my other home where I can enjoy a perfect connection, but it seems i have to go back to the ancient civilization in a few days from now ;(

      Delete
  7. I don't listen to music when I read, but when I feel like killing characters than I do turn to music...need to shed the anger of before I continue reading ;)

    My Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment.
      Bwahaha, what a good manner to try, Fiza! I'll definitely try it once I encounter irritating character! :)

      Delete
  8. If I'm sucked into my book, I end up tuning out the music haha. Though I use to listen to music all the time when I read, so now some books have songs associated with them and vise versa (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, Cyn.
      Yes, it is exactly what I do too! Every time I'm finished reading a chapter, my brain immediately looks for a song as a theme for it lol

      Delete
  9. I can't listen to music when I read : either I read or I listen to music, but I can't concentrate on both ! Have fun reading the Cassandra Clare series !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Iza. Actually i'm much the same like you. Unless the books are so intense and can do much to catch my full attention, i'll be humming the tune of the songs :))

      Delete