[Wrap Up]: 1 September 2014 - 5 October 2014



                                            

                                                      









Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by the fabulous, Kimba the Caffeinated Book Reviewer.

I don't what to call this post. It's a monthly wrap up, since it's about a recap for more than a month.


                                                      Previously on the Blog                                                     



Meanwhile I'm currently in big dilemma. I'm not sure I have to continue reading The Clockwork Princess or not. I have reached the first two chapters of the book, but I'm kind of disappointed with the author for finding no character's and plot development in the book, as well as her writing style, which made me frustrated. Tell me if you feel the same with me, since I really need someone to discuss this book with :|

On 14 September 2014, Blog Buku Indonesia (book blogging community in my country) accepted my application to be one of its member. I'm so honoured to join in :D If you see to your right side bar, there's a cute small badge from them, which includes my membership number.

After books, other things that I can't live without is music. I can't describe how much I love it, even though I don't play any instruments. I only sing a little... in the bathroom lol. Everytime I'm accompanied by lots of great songs I found on Channel V. Below also are the list of the songs I've been being hooked up on:


You should see the lyrics for Shake It Off, Try, Believer and Cool Kids. They are not the usual ones representing romantic relationship, but something which motivate people. I love these kind of songs. By the way, Taylor Swift never cease to amaze me. She's not only that artists who try really hard to maintain her pretty girl reputation. You have to see the video clip, it made me laugh so hard! :))

Aaanndd the music video for Just One of the Guys: I had to knuckle my eyes to make sure I was not seeing it wrong: the models for the music video are Anne Hathaway and Kristen Stewart! It was kind of funny seeing them feigning to play guitars lol

23 comments:

  1. Oh. I'm sorry you feel that way with Clockwork Princess, but I love that series. You might want to continue reading it. It's fun. You have to be, I guess, patient about it.

    Here's mine:
    My Week in a Wrapped #2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nyze. Thanks for the comment. Glad to know you enjoyed The Infernal Devices. I'm still deciding whether to continue reading the book or waiting for other books which I've been anticipating for a long time to arrive. But it feels toooo loooonggg. I can't have my hands without a book even if it's only for a daaaaayyyy.

      Delete
  2. I haven't read Clockwork Princess, but I AM reading The Mortal Instrument series, and I hear ya. I love it to death, but the writing is kind of slow and draggy at times. :| Every time I start one I think, "Gah, this'll be it for me" but then I love the ending too much and have to read more. XD
    My Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Cait. I'm glad you're enjoying TMI. I already bought a copy of City of Bones, and I don't know I feel soooo lazy even to start it. I think I need some kind of gravity to pull me back to her stories.

      Delete
  3. I gave up on the Infernal Devices series after the first book, just didn't care for the authors writing style. But, most everyone else loves the series, so I'm definitely the odd one out here :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Finley. I guess, you're not alone. I mean, I already gave four stars for the first two books. I think the plot is really potential, but the author seems to not have the idea how to develop it in a 'novel' format. I guess, she is still too drowning in fanfiction format.

      Delete
  4. That's a tough one, whether to continue or not. I hope it gets better if you do...

    I agree about that Taylor swift video (and song)- it's a lot of fun. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. That's why I'm a bit in dilemma. Thanks for the comment, Greg. Have a great week for you too.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the Clockwork Princess but several people have told me it's fun and I may get to it. I'd keep going as you're just at the beginning. A slow start sometimes works out as the story develops and the characters emerge.
    Here is my Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/10/05/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-81-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laura. Thanks for the comment. I'm still deciding whether to continue or save it for later. I hope I will have the strength to do it lol

      Delete
  6. Congrats on being accepted to Blog Buku Indonesia. DNFing is hard, I try to give a book 25% before nixing it. Good luck and have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kimba, nice to have you here! I know. It's really hard indeed. That's why I think I will only save the book for later when I'm in the mood to go on with it.

      Delete
  7. I haven’t read Clockwork Princess yet, but I have read City of Bones, and I had such a love/hate relationship with it. I liked the story, but sometimes the writing is so hard to wade through :/ I might get around to the Infernal Devices series at some stage, as I’ve seen quite a few people say it’s better… we’ll see! Hope you enjoy it if you decide to continue on at some stage!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Alma. Thanks for commenting. I also bought City of Bones, but haven't touched it yet. I think I will force myself to read it even though I already lost all interests I can muster.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear you are not liking the Clockwork Princess. I liked this series and the ending was a nice closure for these characters. I do see your point about the story dragging. I didn't feel this way for The Infernal Devices series but I do feel this way for The Immortal Instrument series. I think she dragged that series into too many books. I still haven't read the final book lol. I hope you find a new book to read that you will enjoy. Have a great week!!

    Kathy @ My Nook, Books & More
    http://mynookbooksnmore.com/2014/10/weekly-wrap-up-23.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Kathy. I don't know, I think the book is just not for me. I still have quite a haul of books that are waiting, fortunately :)

      Delete
  9. Congrats on the acceptance. Hope you can get into the book. I haven't read any of her series. And what a nice music week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you very much, Christy. I have decided to postpone the book after all. Still got more interesting books to read :)

      Delete
  10. I haven't read Clockwork Princess but I have hit that point with books plenty of times. If the book is for review I normally tough it out. It it isn't I try and give the book one more chance where I really sit down and focus on it and if it still annoys me or I still don't care I call it done. There's just too many good books to waste time with the mediocre.
    Congrats on getting accepted to Blog Buku Indonesia! How exciting. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Katherine. Good thing that the book was my personal choice. I have decided to defer it. Hope you'll have a great week too!

      Delete
  11. Thanks for the comment, Audrey. Second to your point. For now, I'll skip Clockwork Princess and save it for later.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Clockwork Princess but it's always hard to decide whether to continue isn't it?
    I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sharon. Thanks for visiting!
      Yeah, it's really hard indeed. I've decided to save the book for later once my interest comes out again :P

      Delete